Sunday, May 15, 2011

Food Trippin': Fat Matt's Rib Shack

Late last Thursday after the Hawks' game, the hubby and I were looking for a place that served good food minus the frou-frou.  We ended up in Fat Matt's Rib Shack at Piedmont.  I had tried their ribs several times before, and was very happy with them until I tried Daddy D'z.  And then I became a Daddy'z girl. :)

But it was the hubby's first, and we were hungry, and Daddy D'z closed at 10:30 PM.  So off we went to Fat Matt's.


It was 30 minutes 'til closing time, the band was packing up, but there were still some patrons coming in.  The atmosphere wasn't very inviting though:  it was dark, and whatever few lighting they had came from their neon lights calling for  'Bud Light' and 'Miller Time!'.


The staff, especially the lady cleaning the tables, looked like they've had a long day so we didn't fuss, placed our orders promptly, and waited for our food.  I wish we had arrived earlier; we might have caught the band playing.  I would've liked to know what the 'Chicken Shack featuring Eddie Tigner' sounded like.

The hubby and I shared a half slab of ribs, coleslaw and potato salad.  I also got a slice of pecan pie.


As always, the ribs were delicious--good flavor (tangy + a little spice + pinch of sweetness), meat falling off the bone, and the sauce was on the side!  The hubby liked the ribs very much.  The sides were in smaller portions compared to Daddy D'z, and that's not always a bad thing.  But if you want it big, you want it meatier, then you'll have to go to the other side of town.

The pecan pie was a little too sweet for my taste.  I am still on a quest for my favorite dessert here in Atlanta.

Fat Matt's also sells their barbecue sauce for about $4 per bottle.  You might want to get one to go.  I have one stored in my fridge and I use it like ketchup lol.  I think it goes well with scrambled eggs.  Weird, huh?

I'd say that Fat Matt's doesn't disappoint.  You will always have a filling, delicious meal here.  Plus, it's very near my place so I will definitely be coming back.

Fat Matt's Rib Shack

1811 Piedmont Avenue NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
404-607-1622

Good eats!

No comments:

Post a Comment