Sunday, May 15, 2011

Need for speed? Go-karting at Andretti's @ Roswell!

So you've seen Fast Five and now have the desire to drive ala Vin Diesel.  But driving at break-neck speed down the highways of Georgia is not quite a good idea.  What to do?  Head on out to Andretti Indoor Karting over at Roswell!


Okay, so it's an amateur race track and you'll be driving go-karts.  But if you just want to feel like you're racing, practice your break-release-gas pedal skills on sharp curves, and crash without putting a blemish on your DMV record, then this is where you should go.


These go-karts can go as fast as 35mph.  You might find them a little difficult to maneuver at first, especially when you are so used to power steering, but you'll soon get the hang of it.




If I counted correctly, the track has 5 sharp curves, which was a little intimidating for me at the beginning.  I was so slow and careful  during my first lap.  But what the hell?  There's no police to give me a ticket if I crash onto the walls or even another kart.  However, I did have a nasty crash which left my back a little bruised and my neck a little sore because of the whiplash.

For young, fast-and-furious drivers, there is a kiddie track where they can start practicing their driving skills.  I can't wait to bring my kids here!  I'm sure they will have a blast.


A tip to the ladies:  come in sneakers or flats.  Driving in 4-inch wedges is difficult and puts a strain on your ankles.  Yes, I am speaking from experience so listen to me.

It's $25 per race, which lasts about 8 minutes.  There was a buy-one get-one promo over the weekend, so we had ourselves a pretty good deal.

When you get tired of racing, you can hang out at Adrenaline Sky Bar and play some billiards.



They also have arcade games.  Eek!  Sorry, not a fan.  I get a little dizzy with all the neon blinking lights.


Overall, it was a fun experience.  Definitely a must-try.  Two thumbs up!


11000 Alpharetta Highway
Roswell, GA 30076
770-992-5688

No comments:

Post a Comment